The music of James Ingram may be familiar to mainstream audiences, but his name most likely does not prompt recognition among listeners. After more than 20 years in the pop music industry, Ingram’s voice has been heard on radio and in films, his songs and performances have been nominated for many Grammy awards, and his musicianship has backed up several Top Twenty artists. Yet the popularity of his collaborative work has overshadowed that of his solo output; he is, consequently, what one might call a musician’s musician: well known and respected among his colleagues, but less visible to the public.
Ingram was born on February 16, sometime in the early 1950s—he is notoriously reluctant to reveal his age. His musical biography, however, begins in the early 1970s, when he immersed himself in that decade’s enthusiasm for soul and funk. Skilled in an array of instruments, including piano, synthesizer, drums, bass, and guitar, Ingram decided to relocate to Los Angeles when his band, Revelation Funk, returned to their hometown of Akron, Ohio, after a brief stint on the West Coast. Ingram described those first years in Los Angeles to Billboard’s David Nathan, explaining simply, “I had a lot of doors slammed in my face.” 1973 offered him his first real opportunity, as keyboardist for Leon Hayward, the RCA artist and producer who would become known for his hit single “Don’t Push It Don’t Force It, ” which featured Ingram’s piano work.
McBush tries to lie his way out of it
Sen. John McCain's comment from last year that he doesn't understand economics "as well as he should" has dogged him all the way to South America today during a foreign trip meant to burnish his standing as a presidential candidate ready to be a world leader.
The Republican senator from Arizona smiled as he denied he ever dissed his understanding of economics and said he was "more experienced than my opponent."
The Republican presidential candidate made his comments during an exclusive interview from Cartagena, Colombia, with "Good Morning America's" Robin Roberts, who asked McCain why he went abroad when the No
Another River, Another Town: A Teenage Tank Gunner Comes of Age in Combat--1945
Book (Random House)
Childe Hassam: Impressionist
Book (Abbeville Press)
- Used Book in Good Condition
Boilfish,Samsung Galaxy S5,Slim Style,S-View,Stand,Folio Flip Cover Case,Black
- Support Samsung Galaxy S5,SM-G900F, SM-G900H, SM-G900R4, SM-G900V, SM-G900RZWAUSC (U.S. Cellular), SM-G900W8 (Canadian LTE)
- Made with 100% PU Leather,Easy to install, snap-on, No tools required.Slim folio type case to minimize bulk and weight
- Precise cutouts allow full access to all ports, buttons, cameras, and mics.slide action of the phone is not affected.
- Provides protection from scratches, wear, bumps and chips ,Modern, minimallistic yet functional design,Chamude Texture Inside to Prevent Scratches
- Interactive Viewing Window for Signal, Caller ID, Battery Status, and Messages (Using Smart View Application)